discuss: HOWTO about small&silent servers

Subject: Re: HOWTO about small&silent servers
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 7 May 2004 22:26:06 -0000

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 12:52:04AM +0200, Christian Schnobrich wrote:
> Not at all -- wrong topic. The point is that for most services and the
> little number of users involved, a 486 could do it with one hand tied to
> it's back. The fact that someone threw an Athlon at the task was what
> gave me the idea that an HOWTO might be in order.

Aha! Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification. :) It almost seems
like it would be a Home Office Network HOWTO...I think this
document will be a wonderful complement to the Home Office HOWTO that was
proposed a couple of weeks ago (which will focus on software for small
businesses, printer config, etc). As Tille mentioned in another email,
be sure to avoid duplication with other documents already in the collection.

Let me know when you have a full outline of what you'd like to work on and
I can help get you set up with the CVS if you'd like.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]