discuss: HOWTO about small&silent servers

Subject: Re: HOWTO about small&silent servers
From: "V. Alex Brennen" ####@####.####
Date: 6 May 2004 19:17:41 -0000

I think this would be very useful.  One way we can help Linux
gain allot of ground against Windows is to have very good
documentation on how to set up dedicated Linux machines
for special purposes.

There are many pages on the Web about making computers
quiet for home media centers, and many articles have
been written about it.  I would encourage you to address
this heavily in your HOWTO, or perhaps make it the primary
subject of your HOWTO.  Many people would like to watch
movies and play music from computers with out background
noise. There are specially made fans, harddrives, even
cases with noise insulation.

A "Quiet and Silent Linux Server HOWTO" might be the
perfect form for your content.  You can find many references
on the web.  I will see if I can find an email someone sent
me about this when I had discussed it before.

       - VAB