discuss: Follow-up Re: LDAP authentication info

Subject: Re: Follow-up Re: LDAP authentication info
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 5 May 2004 13:03:17 -0000

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:25:52AM -0500, Machtelt Garrels wrote:
> Meaning that mine should be included in the LDAP HOWTO?  I'd like to see
> that, because we have a bit of overlap there.  Luiz, how about adding a
> bit (more) about access control and monitoring?

You'll need to check with the authors on which parts are out-dated. Rich
(the original poster on this thread) may also have some ideas since he's
the one that wanted to write an updated version in the first place.

I don't know much about LDAP, so I won't be able to help much more on the
topic. Debian-user has a thread right now on good LDAP documentation. You
may want to check through the resources people are suggesting there. See:
and messages that follow by thread. There are at least half four or so
messages in the thread.

> guess, and then devide the tasks.  But maybe it's better that the authors
> do that, so they can keep an overview of what is happening with their
> document?

I'm not sure that Roel wants to maintain his document anymore. Roel are
you looking for a new maintainer that you can forward the
emails/suggestions you've received up to now? Or do you have the time right
now to help out?

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin