discuss: [mmourani@sympatico.ca: securing and optimizing linux authors]

Subject: Re: [mmourani@sympatico.ca: securing and optimizing linux authors]
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 24 May 2001 06:05:42 -0000

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:32:04AM -0700, Poet/Joshua Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Obviously we can link to it, but we can not sell it for him. He doesn't
> provide a readable online version so that may be a problem.
>
> Joshua Drake

It makes my blood boil to think that a formerly free LDP document will
now be made "pay per view".  I'm very disturbed at this situation.  I
don't think we should even link to it.  Once we start linking to such
abominations then the next step might be to charge to view our stuff.

What we need to do is apply for government and foundation funding.  I
think the best way to do this is to give prizes for the best work and
to give preference to works that are not promoting commercial software
particular brands of hardware, or commercial distributions.

			David Lawyer