discuss: The Video-Wall-HOWTO

Subject: Re: The Video-Wall-HOWTO
From: Zeeshan Ali ####@####.####
Date: 20 Apr 2004 20:51:49 -0000

Hello,

> Your
> document seems to have a lot of configuration
> information, but hardly any
> explanation of how to install the software or what
> it is supposed to be
> used for once it is installed.

     Explanation of how to install Gstreamer and the
needed plugins can be found at the Gstreamer website.
Maybe some pointers to those documents should be
enough?

> - Why does it not belong with the other Gstreamer
> documentation?

   It surelly does belong with the other Gstreamer
docs. but I thought it belongs here more that it does
there as Gstreamer is'nt all it relies upon.

> - The document you pointed to for Xinerama is
> actually at v3.0 now and is
>   hosted at:
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO/index.html

   I'll fix the link.

>   Since your document relies on the Xinerama
> technology, could it be
>   included as a sub-section of the Xinerama HOWTO
> that is already in our
>   collection?

   I dont think so, as Xinerama is HALF the story. I
do agree that it would be a good idea if Xinerama
HOWTO include a pointer to it.

=====
"To teach how to live without certainty, and yet without being paralysed by hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can still do for those who study it." --Bertrand Russell

"According to all the rules (of Software Engineering) I knew, Linux should have been a disaster, but it was'nt. Instead it was something wonderfull" -- Eric Raymond

Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25ยข
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash