discuss: Re: New Mini-Howto: Cryptoloop partial security

Subject: Re: New Mini-Howto: Cryptoloop partial security
From: "Ferg / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Apr 2004 13:15:53 -0000

> Situation:
>
> I wrote a small HOWTO about Cryptoloops insecurity.
> I don't think that it belongs to the existing Cryptoloop HOWTO,
> as I don't treat managing or using Cryptoloops, but want to
> show that there is no perfect security when using them.

> My problem:
>
> I think that tldp is the right place to publish such a document,
> but I don't know in what category and how.
> I think that the best category describing it is "Guides".
> But in fact I think the document is too small to be a Guide,
> like you define it at www.tldp.org.
>
> Solution:

As I mentioned in my (private) email to you - I strongly recommend
that you contribute (as an author) to the existing Cryptoloop HOWTO
(http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Cryptoloop-HOWTO/).

Your text could be interspersed in the appropriate areas concerning
introduction/installation and a new section could be created outlining
the problems and solutions you highlight in your document (regarding
the INsecurity).

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer