discuss: Documentation licensing

Subject: Re: Documentation Licensing
From: Rahul ####@####.####
Date: 6 Apr 2004 22:49:03 -0000

Hi

> Makes sense. Not obligatory, but logical.
>
> >why should we volunteer our work for
> >someone who has a restricted license?
>
> You're free to volunteer your work for anything you
> please, and to refrain
> from doing so in any case you please.

You are making this as some fight over individual
preferences and choices while it is not. LDP does a
lot of work in maintaining a document including help
with markup, storing and distributing documents in
multiple formats and acting as a site which gives a
good amount of importance to these documents. Hosting
restrictive licensed documents which several different
arbitrary licenses is problematic. I dont want to
consult a lawyer just because i want to distribute
documents from LDP

We dont have a common requirements for these licenses.
These licenses could be anything at all. Maybe not be
even legal. This is a problematic thing.

Its not at all about my beliefs and choices.

regards
Rahul

Go to: http://in.insurance.yahoo.com/licspecial/index.html