discuss: changes to LDP-Author-Guide concerning license restrictions

Subject: changes to LDP-Author-Guide concerning license restrictions
From: Floris Lambrechts ####@####.####
Date: 3 Apr 2004 19:39:27 -0000

The LDP author guide (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/) refers
to the Linux Documentation Project Manifesto
(http://www.tldp.org/manifesto.html) concerning the license of the tldp
documents.

I suggest the following addition to the author guide, in section 3.3. :
'Unmaintained and Out-of-date Documents'

----
* Inform the LDP which document you would like to own, so that we can
track who is working on what and prevent duplication of effort. We also
suggest that you join the LDP general discussion list
####@####.#### This step is also required for new documents.

(NEW text starts here)
* Make sure that you are entitled to change the document, i.e. that you
are not violating the license.  Altough allmost all tldp documents are
licensed so that anyone can update them, some documents' license is more
strict.  If you run into troubles or have any questions, contact
####@####.####
(NEW text ends here)

* Submit the document to the LDP with any intended modifications. Make
sure to continue to reference the original author somewhere within the
document (Credits, Revision History, etc.). Once the document is
re-submitted, we will remove the entry from the list of unmaintained
documents.
----

Good idea or not?

regards