discuss: LyX to DocBook

Subject: RE: LyX to DocBook
From: "Guru -" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Apr 2004 09:43:37 -0000

Hi,

Emma, Sounds like a satisfactory solution.
...2 weeks.... you work fast :).

Chris, you are quite skilled at predicting what I was trying to say, that
was very accurate.

Regards,
Gareth

>From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
>To: ####@####.####
>Subject: LyX to DocBook
>Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 00:00:58 -0500
>
>I will look into adding this information to "Converting Documents to
>DocBook XML."
>http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/x2docbook.html
>
>The section will have to be re-written and will incorporate the
>following information:
>	- DocBook: SGML to XML
>	- HTML to DocBook
>	- LyX to DocBook
>
>This will take no less than two weeks for me to finish. In the mean time
>please submit a brief paragraph for each of the two links to serve as
>abstracts in the References section.
>
>I personally have absolutely no problems writing text in HTML and in
>DocBook; however, I'm young enough that HTML was the first markup language
>that I learned. I've never used LyX or LaTeX because I've never been able
>to get the tools to work. I found the GUIs available clumsy and after
>multiple hours of trying, I gave up. In the several months that I've been
>a reviewer for the LDP I've never received a document in LyX format (or
>even had an author mention it to me). Of all the people in my LUG who've
>talked to me about submitting their documents, no one uses LyX. I have one
>friend who uses LaTeX for his essays, but that's a close as I get. Seeing
>as
>it's so important to yourself and Guru, I will see what I can do to add it
>to the Author Guide.
>
>Please note though: I will not be adding it to the main section. Not even
>LinuxDoc gets into the main section. ;) The Author Guide, in its revised
>form, is a process document, not a technical "this is how to write DocBook"
>document. I worked very hard to strip the technical mumbojumbo out and no
>one will convince me to add it back in to the *main section*. Even the
>editing tools are in the appendix--we don't care *how* the text gets
>written, we just care that it gets written (and submitted).
>
>emma
>
>--
>Emma Jane Hogbin
>[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]

>http://lists.tldp.org/

Personalise your phone with chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to
http://ringtones.com.au/ninemsn/control?page=/ninemsn/main.jsp