discuss: css test documents

Subject: Re: css test documents
From: "Guru -" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Apr 2004 00:37:31 -0000

Hi,

">LyX is not one of the accepted formats by the LDP. I'm sure you'll find
>plenty of reasons why we don't use it in the archive."

LyX + lyx-to-x scripts generates SGML output and that is an accepted TLDP
standard.
I don't see the problem, why put people off an easier way to create
docbook-based documents?
LyX has advantages over typing everything into a plain text-editor, and as
far as I'm concerned I don't have time to learn yet another language, I'm
busy enough as a full time Computer Science student.

>We are telling authors in the author guide that they can use *whatever
>they want* on their first document. A volunteer will then convert the
>document to DocBook XML 4.2 (or LinuxDoc, whichever is preferred). The
>document must then be maintained in DocBook. This can be done in either a
>word processing program such as OpenOffice, or Abiword. More information
>about editing tools that support DocBook can be found at:
>	http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/tools-edit.html

And the problem with having automatically converted SGML output as a tldp
standard is?
And the reasons not to accept this standard are? (some people just prefer
GUI's that includes me, the GNU/Linux tools summary would not exist in its
current form without Chris and his scripts).

I mean whats the deal? I could simply pretend that I'm writing bad (style
wise, not as in invalid) sgml when I'm really sending you an automated
conversion and hiding the process from you.

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com