discuss: presentations with docbook HOWTO?

Subject: Re: presentations with docbook HOWTO?
From: "s. keeling" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2004 17:44:49 -0000

Incoming from Machtelt Garrels:

> By the end of the month I have to do a presentation, and while I am oposed
> to slides (they reveal in advance what you are going to say), this
> occasion requires that I provide them.
>
> Since I'm not a GUI person - I get lost in GUIs and that gets on my
> nerves - I was looking into ways of creating them with vim/insert your

I'm generally the same; I'll resort to a GUI if I can't find anything
better.  However, for a one-off like this (assuming you'll never have to
do it again?), consider that Staroffice/OpenOffice includes a clone of
Powerpoint.  I watched someone who'd never used it pick it up in
minutes.  fwiw.

However, I'll be happy to watch the evolution of this request.  I hope
there are better non-GUI tools for this.  :-)

- -