discuss: css test documents

Subject: Re: css test documents
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2004 14:29:01 -0000

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:08:57PM +0200, Chris Karakas wrote:
> Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.#### schrieb am 30.03.04 22:40:11:
> > While we're at it, the HTML is awful. What was used as the transformation
> > tool? At a bare minimum we need to get the Document Type Declaration onto
> > the top of the HTML files...
>
> I have covered this topic in:
> http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/html-validation.html

You've talked about HTML validation, which is great. But that was not my
question. I'm asking about the /transformation tool/ that was used to
create the HTML from XML/SGML. Greg and David have since emailed me and
pointed me to the DSSSL and XSLT files that need to be fixed.

> However, I have not received but one comment on that procedure of mine, described in:
> http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/

LyX is not one of the accepted formats by the LDP. I'm sure you'll find
plenty of reasons why we don't use it in the archive.

> May I propose that this procedure be suggested as an alternative to document processing in TLDP? Currently, we are suggesting to authors that they use linuxdoc, docbook, sgml oder xml, emacs with psgml mode - or whatever else is suggested in the Authors Guide. I propose that my above method be included in the recommended ones. It is a method that uses LyX and SGML, combined with a lot of improvements, like the one above.

We are telling authors in the author guide that they can use *whatever
they want* on their first document. A volunteer will then convert the
document to DocBook XML 4.2 (or LinuxDoc, whichever is preferred). The
document must then be maintained in DocBook. This can be done in either a
word processing program such as OpenOffice, or Abiword. More information
about editing tools that support DocBook can be found at:
	http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/tools-edit.html

emma
PS Could you please turn your line wrap on? It makes it difficult to reply
to emails without it. Thanks.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]