discuss: LDP CDROM (fwd)

Subject: Re: LDP CDROM (fwd)
From: "Ferg / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Mar 2004 19:49:07 -0000

---------- Original Message -------------
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:09:48 +0100
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
To: ####@####.####

> Machtelt Garrels wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> I think that eventhough it is not our policy to link to just anybody, we
>> can make an exception here, unless that would be a problem with any deal
>> that we have with Embedded Logic?  We could simply add a second link under
>
> The obvious quetion then is: what is the deal we have with Embedded Logic?
> Note that there is a big difference in price between the two offers.

There is no official deal, and no sole provider. However,
I don't believe we need two such products.

Guylhem and I helped Embedded Logic get started on doing a LDP CD
some time ago. Mostly, they were instructed on how to grab the
content, and how to create/run some scripts for cleaning things
up a bit; just to make the CD completely self-contained. They
essentially had performed quarterly updates and made the CD
available to anyone interested for a nominal charge. A portion of
that was intended for the LDP.

that's it.
--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer