discuss: User Authentication Howto - pending fixes

Subject: Re: User Authentication Howto - pending fixes
From: "Ferg / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Mar 2004 19:47:57 -0000

> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/User-Authentication-HOWTO/
>
> This is what happened
>
> 1. I read this howto and saw some errors
> 2. Downloaded the sgml docbook source and fixed them
> 3. Notified the author at ####@####.#### (march 2003)
> 4. Notified again last week - still no response
> 5. Searched for other email address of Peter Hernberg - found none
> 6. Requested CVS access to tldp
> 7. Joined tldp mailing lists and wrote this mail
>
> So here we are.
> What's next? The last update to this howto was made in May 2000.

In general, if you've made a good faith effort to contact the
document owner, and no reply, then I believe we can still accept
and publish the update. Has it been a year since you originally
tried to contact the author?!

Go ahead and submit it, I'll look it over. Make sure to retain
the original author's name, etc. within the document in addition
to yoru own (send to submit(at)en.tldp.org).

> Maybe someone from tldp can contact the author?

We'd probably end up with the same result.

regards,
--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer