discuss: {Spam?} TLDP mirrors

Subject: Re: {Spam?} TLDP mirrors
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2004 06:02:23 -0000

Hello Tille,

That is very good map. Very informative. I had some ideas along the same
line.

I think we should have a automatic redirector based on the IP address of
the client machine.

I can configure http://tools.tldp.org so that, when ever a request comes
http://tools.tldp.org/mirror/ the user will get re-directed to the closest
mirror.

But for this to work correctly, we need to make sure that everyone is
RSYNCing everyday. If site is not syncing we will have to kick them out.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Thanks again for creating the map.

Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net <---- (X)HTML / DocBook XML Validator and Transformer