discuss: Zip Drive Mini HOWTO

Subject: Re: Zip Drive Mini HOWTO
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 6 Mar 2004 07:01:23 -0000

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:13:47PM +0000, john weber wrote:
> I tried to email the author with updates to the document,
> but the email address is no longer valid.
>
> This document is grossly out of date.  For example, it
> claims that Linux's USB interface is under development,
> and the USB zip drive is not supported.  The latter is
> demonstrably false.
>
> Please let me know how I can update this document.

This HOWTO doesn't seem to have a license or copyright notice and the
url to the home of the doc is broken.  In such a case the doc is assumed
to have a copyright.  There was once a default license for LDP but to be
on the safe side I think that you should just start over and rewrite it
from scratch using the info you know.  Facts are not copyrightable so if
you mention some of the same facts as in the existing HOWTO, it's OK but
they must be stated in your own words.  You can't just copy from the
HOWTO or mimic its organization.

For a simple alternative to DocBook markup see my mini howto:
Howtos-with-LinuxDoc.  The LinuxDoc format is much easier to learn and
use but is technically inferior to DocBook.  The url is
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Howtos-with-LinuxDoc.html