discuss: document suggestion: apache+tomcat+mod_jk/mod_jk2 on linux

Subject: Re: document suggestion: apache+tomcat+mod_jk/mod_jk2 on linux
From: Jon Fox ####@####.####
Date: 27 Feb 2004 10:25:42 -0000

Tabatha Marshall wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 03:55, Luigi Bitonti wrote:
>
>>I completely agree with, you. Besides this I've
>>already agreed with the new mantainer of the
>>Enterprise Java for Linux Howto to put my document in
>>that howto. In the next few weeks we will collaborate
>>to produce a single (and possibly more complete)
>>document.
>

> Sounds great!
>
> When you feel as though you have the collaborative effort completed,
> could you post a draft to the discussion list so we can take a peek?

Will do.  Then you can move that Howto off the "unmaintained" list, and
put me down as the new maintainer.

Other work in progress:
- replace sections on non-free software (Websphere, Domino, JRun,
Caucho, etc) with links to vendor's own documentation.  Most of these
are "to be written" entries now anyway.
- replace sections on how to connect to non-free databases with links to
the vendors' own documentation, and expanding the coverage on Postgres
and MySQL
- add sections on rhug, naoko and jpackage rpms
- replace Jserv section with Tomcat 4.x and 5.x
- add more Jakarta sections: Lucene, Struts, Turbine, Velocity,
Jetspeed, etc.
- add sections on other free Java server apps: Cocoon, Magnolia, Log4J,
James, etc.
- add section on integrating Java with PHP
- add more info on use of gcj vs non-free compilers

Cheers,
--
Jon