discuss: New version 2.0 of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO

Subject: Re: New version 2.0 of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 26 Feb 2004 01:17:37 -0000

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 06:32, Chris Karakas wrote:
> Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### schrieb:
> >Did you have the same folks helping you out with technical details and
> >proofreading as last time?
>
> Andre Purfield is going to read it and send me corrections. We can wait till he's
> done with it, since it doesn't make much sense to have two reviewers reviewing the
> same text at once.

Makes tons of sense to me.  I'll gladly wait.  :D

> I knew somebody was going to ask this question... I postponed this task as far as I
> could, but finally I knew I *had* to do it (I think this is good from the licence
> point of view too, since Versions 1.x were authored by Claudio and in Version 2.0 I
> became an author too, so there should be something like the "History" of the
> document, see item I of the GFDL:
> http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/gfdl-modifications.html). It was an exhausting
> work for me, at the finishing stages of version 2.0, but it is over now, so Ladies
> and Gentlemen, I am proud to present you:
>
> *Exactly all* changes in version 2.0 of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO:
>
> http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/credits-version-2.0.html
>
> You asked for it, you got it! :-)))
>
> Versions 1.x were 80 pages, version 2.0 is 512 pages long. Even those 80 pages have
> been changed at some places. If you ask me, it is better (and probably faster) to
> read all the book back-to-back, rather than start from the above link and work out
> all the diffs. You choose. ;-)

I have to commend you for tackling what must have been an incredibly
imposing job!  :D  I wasn't expecting the answer so quickly!

> >I can get the file submitted for you.  I wouldn't mind seeing the list
> >give it a look-see first though.  Say, a week for feedback, since it's a
> >book now?  :D

> It's O.K. for me - even longer, if you wish. It's already online on my website, so
> time is not that critical for me. Is it going to be a Guide, now that it's grown
> that much?

We sure can!  So is it now the PHP-Nuke Guide?

You can email me directly with the final copy, after everyone on the
list has had a chance to provide input.  I'll then probably want to have
a look at this one personally before we replace the old HOWTO with the
new Guide.  ;D

Let me know when it's ready!

Tab

--