discuss: New version 2.0 of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO

Subject: Re: New version 2.0 of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 25 Feb 2004 03:31:43 -0000

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 15:42, Chris Karakas wrote:
> please forgive me if I am missing anything and writing to the wrong address. I don't
> have CVS access and, anyway, the document is so big that it is probably better to
> announce it here first:
>
> This is to inform you that a new version (2.0) of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO is available
> now. It is over 500 pages of material, a real book on PHP-Nuke!

Wow, Chris, sounds like big changes!

Ironically, I helped my mom get up and running with PHPNuke 7.0 recently
using the TLDP version of your doc and it went just fine.  But I'm still
glad to hear there's an update.

Did you have the same folks helping you out with technical details and
proofreading as last time?  Do you have something you can send to me
indicating specifically which chapters or sections are new and which are
updated, and to what extent - or would that be incredibly difficult?
I'd ask for a diff against the original but fear I'd never figure it all
out.

I can get the file submitted for you.  I wouldn't mind seeing the list
give it a look-see first though.  Say, a week for feedback, since it's a
book now?  :D

Tab

> See it online at:
>
> http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/
>
> Download the format of your choice (HTML, PDF, PS, TXT, RTF, SGML, LYX) at:
>
> http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/formats.html
>
> Notice that the PHP-Nuke HOWTO is also available as a module that you can install on
> your PHP-Nuke site:
>
> http://www.karakas-online.de/EN-Book/EN-Book-Nuke.tar.gz
<snip>

--