discuss: A New Finnish HOWTO

Subject: A New Finnish HOWTO
From: Ari Makela ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jan 2001 20:05:21 -0000

Hello,

I have written a new Finnish HOWTO which is intended to replace Pekka
Taipales Finnish HOWTO 1.1f which dates from 1996 and is quite
outdated.

There's a problem, however: I don't know DocBook. I wrote the original
version in plain text and I got fixes and suggestions from Finnish
Linux users in newsgroup sfnet.atk.linux. To make it quickly useable I
rewrote it in perlpod and produced text and HTML -versions from
it. The result can be found on <URL:
http://www.iki.fi/hauva/finnish-howto/ >.

The document derives mainly from Danish HOWTO by Jensen and my own
experience. I've asked both Jensen and Taipale that it's ok for me to
write the new howto.

I was a complete idiot in the writing process because I only today
noticed that LDP accepts only DocBook. So the next step is to rewrite
it again. Before I have done that the HOWTO is available on my own
home page.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --                           # Ari Makela ####@####.#### #
use strict; print "Just Another Perl Hacker\n"; #  http://www.iki.fi/hauva/ #