discuss: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO

Subject: Re: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2004 22:00:52 -0000

Quoting Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####

> [This final note is NOT in reply to Rodolfo's email. It because I still
> pissed off at David's original off-list email and Mr. Raymond's statement
> that policies set in place in 2001 in the Reviewer HOWTO were somehow
> "invented" while he "wasn't looking."]

My impression of Eric's comment was, to the contrary, that he sounded
impressed and bemused at LDP arriving at a formal submission process,
and wasn't trying to be the least bit critical.

> I really would encourage people to read the revised Author Guide. It won't
> take as long as you think (and you can skip all of the technical stuff
> as it has been moved to Appendices). Based on off-list comments I've
> received I don't think people understand exactly how different the Guide
> is now...the least you can do is scan the table of contents so that you
> don't make stupid comments to me off-list about how shit the document is.

After your eight months of careful rewriting, I can well understand your
feelings on that point.  For whatever it's worth, I think the work shows!
I found it an invaluable resource, not least for its wise best-practices
recommendations.

####@####.####     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.