discuss: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO

Subject: Re: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2004 02:11:59 -0000

At 15:38 2/6/2004, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
>David sent this to just me by mistake. I'm sorry that he considers the LDP
>Author Guide to be such a waste of time.

New authors are not REQUIRED to read the Author Guide, but by golly they'll
likely produce documents that are better and easier to work with if they
do. The "waste of time" thing sounds egomaniacal, especially considering
the "importance of my time" addition. However, I do like the Quick Start
guide idea... something like (in oversimplified form):

         1. This link shows you how to write DocBook XML
         2. This other link is Saqib's online validator
         3. This other link is Saqib's converter to HTML output
         4. Now you can submit documents!
         5. Or just write in HTML/TXT and we'll help you.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz