discuss: LDP License (I'm way behind on LDP emails)

Subject: Re: LDP License (I'm way behind on LDP emails)
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 7 Feb 2004 01:17:10 -0000

Quoting David Lawyer ####@####.####

> I found this but can't seem to find any evidence that I actually sent it
> out.

I think you didn't.

> Few HOWTOs are still under this license.

I'm curious how you determined that.

[Good summary of remedies, with which I concur.]

> > Moreover, the licence history has been inadvertantly obscured.  Isn't
> > that worth fixing to the degree possible?
> Yes, if it's easy to do, but it's not.

You apparently are choosing to ignore the qualifier "to the extent
possible".  I don't know why.

My point about the problem and the resources I provided to address it
should have long ago have become painfully obvious, so there's no point
in recapping them yet again.  It became evident that LDP simply didn't
wish to take action.  Fortunately for me, foreseeing that outcome, I acquired
permission from my HOWTO's original author to reissue our work under a
different licence entirely, so the whole affair is no longer my problem,
and my involvement has ceased.

The remaining matter is LDP's.  Given that it wishes to take no action,
this conversation should logically be considered finished.

Reply-To set accordingly, for anyone wishing to continue off-list.

####@####.####     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.