discuss: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO

Subject: Processes was Re: Fedora Multimedia Installation HOWTO
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 6 Feb 2004 16:11:35 -0000

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 05:09:54AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> I have belatedly been made aware that I should be subnmitting HOWTOs
> for review before shipping them to Greg Ferguson.  Apologiies to
> anyone whose feathers I ruffled, but somehow you guys managed to
> invent an entire process while I wasn't looking

You mean you don't read the Author Guide before each submission of a
document?! Oh the horror! ;) But seriously...the information has been up
on the site for a while (years perhaps?), but obviously it is not visible.
Can you recommend a better place to include information on the submission
process/requirements so that new (and existing) LDP authors will see it?
Maybe a link from Author/Contribute that says, "Submission Guidelines"?

I spent about eight months re-writing the LDP Author Guide, and have
recently adopted the LDP Reviewer Guide. I would love it if everyone
could take a look through and let me know if any of the processes
described in the documents are unclear.

Both documents have been around for years and have had the contributions
of many wonderful authors before they came to me.

http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/index.html
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LDP-Reviewer-HOWTO/index.html

thanks,
emma