discuss: K7s5a-HOWTO Copyright/License and Category

Subject: K7s5a-HOWTO Copyright/License and Category
From: doug jensen ####@####.####
Date: 1 Feb 2004 18:11:53 -0000

First, I would like to thank the authors for writing this HOWTO.

The K7s5a-HOWTO is a new HOWTO that managed to make it into the
collection without a Copyright/License.  Has the K7s5a-HOWTO been
reviewed?

The HOWTO has some, probably, very useful informtation in it.  The
content is OK as is, but I wonder if the authors would mind polishing it.
For one thing ECS seems to refer to the motherboard as K7S5A, so the name
should probably be K7S5A-HOWTO, K7S5A-mobo-HOWTO, K7S5A-mainboard-HOWTO,
or K7S5A-motherboard-HOWTO.

Shouldn't a new category be established in the index for motherboards?
There are already categories for scanners, printers, and lots of other
components.  The HOWTO mentioned above is in the CPUs/Architectures
category.  K7S5A is a SIS based motherboard produced by ECS.

If a new motherboards category is established, it would be nice if the
first HOWTO was a good model for other HOWTOs that might be added later.
I don't know if the authors are subscribed to 'discuss', if they don't
respond, I'm willing to email them with a summary of any comments
that are made.  Is there someone else already working with them?

--
Doug Jensen