discuss: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place

Subject: Re: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2004 12:07:38 -0000

Quoting Colin Watson ####@####.####

> There is one such: the Kiosk-HOWTO is currently undistributable by us
> (it says "All rights reserved", then "use at your own risk", but nothing
> about distributability), so we don't.

That is not of course GFDL, but rather something even more abysmal.  ;->

> I suspect Guylhem actually meant "Debian main", though, and in that case
> there are sadly quite a number of documents falling outside this
> category, even without considering the GFDL.

Yes.  And I do (personally) predict that GFDL documentation will
eventually be moved out of main, one way or the other -- after Sarge
release.  (FSF is unlikely to budge any time before the heat death of
the universe.)

--
Cheers,                Linux:  It is now safe to turn on your computer.
Rick Moen