discuss: ISBN numbers for LDP docs?

Subject: Re: ISBN numbers for LDP docs?
From: "Guru -" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jan 2004 07:02:38 -0000

Hi,
So exactly what was wrong with the ISBN idea?
The problem appeared to be money, quoting Tille, ">In Belgium it's only a
couple of euro/dollar cents. >In Sweden, it is free.", "I was going to
suggest that my company pays for the cost of
>registering the ISBN numbers (both cost of time and cost of money)",
>therefore the problem is not with money.
So why not go ahead with the ISBN number idea? Wouldn't it help?
Or does it conflict with the traditional printed approach of ISBN
numbers?...

Regards,
Gareth