discuss: BASH programming

Subject: Re: BASH programming
From: rahulsundaram ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jan 2004 05:55:02 -0000

Hi

>>You will have to present the new updated document to the list for more
>>feedback regarding this. I believe it would get accepted if its better
>>than the current one.
>>

>That seems to be a little misleading.  I don't believe that the first
>step is presenting his new updated document for more feedback, I believe
>one of the first steps is establishing that the document is indeed
>"officially" unmaintained.
>
>You are right (IIUC) that sometime downstream the revised document does
>come up for review, but, as I understand it, that review is not a pass /
>fail thing, but more of a (possibly iterative) attempt to improve the
>document (if necessary) to meet the "standards" of the LDP.
>
>Can someone confirm this understanding, or revise it appropriately?
>
>Randy Kramer

If the efforts to contact the author has failed and document has not
been updated for a long period and someone proposes to do a better job
it would be good to see the actual material and get some feedback on it.
If the license allows for a replacement it can be done or the new
document can be presented as an alternative. Isnt it so?

regards
Rahul Sundaram