discuss: BASH programming

Subject: Re: BASH programming
From: "Ruth A. Kramer" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jan 2004 13:28:42 -0000

rahulsundaram wrote:

> Jeremy Heilman wrote:
> >I'd like to propose to y'all that I be allowed to assume authorship
> >responsibilities of the BASH Programming-Introduction HOWTO.
> >
> >I tried email the current listed author - Mike G ####@####.####
> >- and got a non-existant email address bounce in reply.  I'm guessing
> >that the document has lapsed into unmaintained status.

> You will have to present the new updated document to the list for more
> feedback regarding this. I believe it would get accepted if its better
> than the current one.

That seems to be a little misleading.  I don't believe that the first
step is presenting his new updated document for more feedback, I believe
one of the first steps is establishing that the document is indeed
"officially" unmaintained.

You are right (IIUC) that sometime downstream the revised document does
come up for review, but, as I understand it, that review is not a pass /
fail thing, but more of a (possibly iterative) attempt to improve the
document (if necessary) to meet the "standards" of the LDP.

Can someone confirm this understanding, or revise it appropriately?

Randy Kramer