discuss: Revision history at end of document

Subject: Re: Revision history at end of document
From: Mendel Cooper ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2004 05:43:34 -0000

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Tabatha Marshall wrote:

> And would you let me know if that was the ldp.dsl you processed with, or
> another variant?  Just in case it makes any difference!

I use the "kde.dsl" because I like the way the final result looks.
Actually, it doesn't make any difference, to the LDP anyhow, since I just
submit the Docbook/SGML source to you people and you do the processing
at your end, using the ldp.dsl, I guess. The dsl file I use determines
only how I view it on my own computer while I'm writing the document.

> I still think something recent should be included at the top, but given
> some of the changes a document goes through in a lifetime, I've always
> liked the idea of a historical revhistory.  I want to make sure this
> would work no matter which dsl/xsl I used to process.

As discussed in the thread, current version info at the top, and the entire
revision history at the back. I put it into the next to last appendix.

Mendel