discuss: DVD HOWTO overhaul

Subject: Re: DVD HOWTO overhaul
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jan 2004 03:42:42 -0000

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:28, David Jao wrote:
> The existing DVD HOWTO states: "The purpose of this is to provide step
> by step instructions on getting DVD movies to play in Linux...." and I
> intend for any replacement HOWTO to stay within those bounds.
>
> I will be happy to accept the assistance of your documentation (or any
> other assistance), but I think overlap between our projects is easy to
> avoid. It is natural to divide roles so that your HOWTO focuses on
> content production and my HOWTO focuses on movie watching.

If different tasks related to the use of DVD were covered separately, it
might help to note such in the title, as well as the abstract.  Not
saying you should change it, just suggesting.

I can't think of anything in particular for yours, but for the idea
Devin is working on, something like "DVD Video Production HOWTO" came to
mind...you get the idea - it matches the scope.

This way the documents would be grouped in a similar section, and the
user wouldn't have to go farther than the title to figure out which one
they wanted.  Something to consider, depending on the feedback from
everyone else.  :D

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall