discuss: Putting Together Information For a HOWTO

Subject: Re: Putting Together Information For a HOWTO
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jan 2004 17:39:22 -0000

At 23:30 12/31/2003, Devin Watson wrote:
>         Hello! I have been putting together a rather large HOWTO for some
> time now,
>and I would like to throw it out to whoever is on the list and see if they
>like the idea. I have been using Linux for about 3-4 years now, and I am
>realizing one of my ultimate goals now: a professional video and sound
>mastering workstation with DVD burning capabilities.

Excellent concept, and one with very little material out there to help
people who want to do it. (Several of my friends are in the
photography/imaging business and constantly complain about this.)

>         Let me know what anyone thinks about the idea. This might be a
> little big
>for a HOWTO, more like a guide or a book.

I think it's a great idea. If you feel it's going to be longer, you may
want to use the <book> format rather than the <article>, perhaps?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz