discuss: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place

Subject: Re: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Dec 2003 06:13:29 -0000

At 23:59 12/26/2003, you wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 12:44:33AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting David Lawyer ####@####.####

I honestly don't care what the result of this discussion is... I tried, but
I just don't give a damn since my preferences are clear: I will attempt to
work within whatever framework LDP establishes while maintaining those
basic principles which are important to me, since I belong to that group of
authors "who feel they need a greater degree of control than Free licensing
permits."

However, I am glad that /you/ care about it enough to go through this
amazingly long argument. I am glad that LDP has people like you around,
with differing viewpoints but with a strong interest in doing "what's
right" and "what's best" through hard work and open discussion. And I am
glad that this frees /me/ from having to care, leaving me more time to
attempt to finally write a HOWTO good enough to submit to LDP. Such is a
healthy community, and praise be given to those who serve it and the rest
of its members in any way.

Thanks for your efforts and your interest. And if I may suggest: don't
worry about the thread getting long and boring for the rest of us. We can
always hit "delete" or "mark as read", and this kind of discussion is
invaluable for the archives. Just make sure that you post some "RESOLVED"
or "AGREED" messages when you /do/ agree on something, both for our sakes
and for the archives! <grin>

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz