discuss: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place

Subject: Re: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 24 Dec 2003 03:21:18 -0000

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 15:44, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Rick Moen wrote:
> > Quoting Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
> >
> > > It might not be bad to find a place to put them for historical value,
> > > but I agree, they shouldn't be where we offer our recommendations.
>
> "might not be bad" ?
>
> It is absolutely //essential// if anyone has previously published a
> HOWTO via the LDP using one of these variations.
> *All* previous versions of the licence must be made available somewhere
> on the official site.

You are absolutely correct.  I should have clarified: due to the fact
that they are in use, of course they should be shown.  My *might* was
for placing them somewhere other than the actual page displaying the
recommended licenses.

> And as Rick points out, it's simplicity itself to indicate that such
> licences, although used in the past, are now deprecated.

If nobody feels this would be confusing then it works for me.  That was
my only concern.  :D

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall