discuss: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place

Subject: Re: LDP Licence at http://tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html, and changing in-place
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 21 Dec 2003 00:29:56 -0000

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 05:37:33AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I think we're in luck.
I don't think so.
> After experimenting with the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) search
> facility, I've found what I think/hope is the whole picture:

Nope.  I tried it too and Wayback has missed out on versions prior to
2.0.  For example you refer to a pre-2.0.  They may be still be somewhere.
I definitely remember a numbered version prior to 2.0.  How many
numbered versions exist prior to 2.0?  I don't know, but I think there
are a few.

> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/COPYRIGHT.html
>
> Retrieving all of those snapshots and diff'ing them shows that there
> have really been only two versions, the original, un-versioned one (same
> as at your iBiblio URL), and v2.0.

No. There is a 1994 version which is in Greg F's subdirectory at LDP.  But
still more are missing.