discuss: DocBook created html may break links but LinuxDoc OK

Subject: Re: DocBook created html may break links but LinuxDoc OK
From: "Chris Karakas" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2003 03:47:36 -0000

Tabatha Marshall ####@####.#### schrieb:

>On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 13:56, Chris Karakas wrote:
>> Cool labels don't change!

>I remember your case, Chris, with Lyx and the problems we had with
>that.  So I understand your request perfectly, and I think it was a good
>idea you mentioned it.

Actually, LyX is very good at labels and cross-references: as soon as you change a
label, all cross-references that use it change automatically to the new name too!
So, actually, you don't need to care about that. It's the filenames that result from
the labels and the dead links / low rankings that result from changing them that are
the problem.

LyX has problems with SGML, but that's another story. As soon as I finish the new
version of the PHP-Nuke HOWTO, I will finish the docs on my scripts too, that take
care of this problem once and for all. Huge work...but the end is near.

Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de