discuss: Re: Quality Control

Subject: Re: Quality Control
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2003 02:54:54 -0000

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 00:12, jdd wrote:
> rahul wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >> I don't agree.  The poor quality of our documents led to their rejection
> >> by Redhat.
>
> I question that. seen the difficulty of review, I fear Red Hat never
> reviewed our docs.

I don't think the review process we're using now was in place when Red
Hat decided to stop packaging the collection.

> Of course, giving up to date and relevent docs il always a goal.
> Technical review
> is necessary, but HOWTO's are still in top in google, showing they are
> always the best referenced docs
>
> but this is also the problem for any other document maker. I think the
> main unresolved problem is translation. most others documentation sites
> I know are french ones (my language), and never written in english.

I'm hoping that when the bulk of the reviews are done on existing work
and everyone is in somewhat of a groove, perhaps more attention can then
be paid to the translation effort.  I realize it's important to make
sure the English versions are accurate before such a thing is attempted
though.

> I don't underestimate translators work, but of course it's very difficult.

Hopefully, as things become more up-to-date, this won't be so difficult.

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com