discuss: Review of GNU/Linux Tools Summary

Subject: Re: Review of GNU/Linux Tools Summary
From: Martin WHEELER ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2003 14:41:52 -0000

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Chris Karakas wrote:

> Cool labels don't change. It looks like a shock, but it's not.
>
> Think about it.

I have done.
Like I said -- the idea sucks.  So much it blows goats.

Your rigidly disciplined approach to writing:

>  change its title, if you really must, but keep that damn label A
> attached to it all the time!

actually appalls and horrifies me.  Our styles and above all,
approaches, to writing obviously differ greatly.

Normally, the ONLY thing which remains unchanged with any document I
publish on the internet, is where to find it.  That is, the pointer to
the document usually remains fixed.  However, I may choose to publish
elsewhere; or the internal contents of the document, may (and do),
vary enormously from time to time.  I don't care.  Really.

> It's not quality vs. ranking. It pure common sense: don't kill your document

I am not so strung up on whether google displays my document or not as
to consider the document 'killed' (what strange concepts you have!) if
it doesn't show up there.
Also, I suspect that the people who want to read what I have to say
use entirely different search methods from the only one you seem able to
conceive of.

Sorry, Chris -- I seem to write for entirely different reasons from you.
A little more tolerance of writers' indivdual styles and preferences
seems to be called for here.
####@####.####                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/