discuss: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP

Subject: Re: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP
From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 15 Dec 2003 03:19:48 -0000

Hi

> It might very well be old but software is still usable even so.
> It is not that many years ago when I used a CP/M machine. Also,
> keep in mind that the WordPerfect company was one of the first
> commercial companies to support Linux with their software,
> something I feel they should have, and keep, credit for.

How many people would choose wordperfect on linux now?. Thats the
relevant question.

> I am not convinced.
>
> If the documents do not mention the programs are commercial they
> should, if only to prevent accidental piracy. Otherwise I will
> assume that our readers have the necessary intelligence to make
> their own choices amongst the alternatives.

If the documents are  not organised as it should be then suggest
something that can make it better. Ok. So do you want to add a note on
top of every document?. Intelligence has nothing to do with realising
which program is proprietary and which one is free. You are making the
classic mistake of relating knowledge about something with intelligence

Regards
Rahul Sundaram