discuss: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP

Subject: Re: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 13 Dec 2003 12:54:49 -0000

rahul wrote:

> Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

>>> The discussion list has recently turned very active. Maybe we should
>>> split this up if possible. Any ideas on how to do this if at all?
>>
>> So you want to make it passive again ? What is the benefit of splitting
>> the discussion list ?
>
> The obvious benefit is preventing subscribers mailboxes to be overfilled

There is another option: urging posters to trim as much as possible
before sending out a message. I do realise some are for various reasons
forced to use mail software that encourages top posting and thus makes
it easy to forget to trim quoted material.

Trimming has other benefits too: for one it keeps archives small (I
keep all TLDP email). Secondly it makes serching faster and more
efficient since it makes it easier to locate the head of a particular
thread. These are features I actively use; most recently in locating
information relating to the logo.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen