discuss: status of document

Subject: Re: status of document
From: rahul ####@####.####
Date: 12 Dec 2003 10:11:27 -0000

Hi

>>That would be a great way to close bugs, but I'm not sure I would be
>>comfortable with changing someone elses document in that way.
>>Has that ever been done before, without the doc being declared
>>unmaintained first?   The document would be getting an updated date, but
>>only one part would be updated.  Who is the maintainer at that point?
>>It seem like there could be alot of issues involved.
>>

>I generally avoided changing documents in the Debian packages for
>exactly these reasons.

While I understand your concerns it might be helpful to try to make some
modifications and update the author rather than just let the bugs hang
on there for a long while. We need to create a concrete policy in LDP
regarding this but this is a very sensitive and hard thing to do. The
license does not completely endorse the spirit

Regards
Rahul Sundaram