discuss: Review needed of 'Encourage Women in Linux' HOWTO

Subject: Re: Review needed of 'Encourage Women in Linux' HOWTO
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Dec 2003 00:25:07 -0000

Quoting Raymond ####@####.####

> I have been watching the list since my original post on this point.
> What I see is that some people think the document is fine the way it is.

But that is very odd:  A quick review of postings on the subject reveals
a grand total of zero people who have voiced this view.

This morning, I lamented the fact that quite a number of people had been
bantering vague abstractions solely, while kidding themselves into
thinking they've discussed this HOWTO's specific merits.  You, Raymond,
the original poster, are a case in point:  Not only have you attributed
to the HOWTO contents that can be nowhere found therein, but you are now
following that up with attributing imaginary statements to people
disagreeing with your assessment.  What is LDP to do with such
critiques?

Should LDP assume that your review of HOWTOs would reflect a greater
respect for factual accuracy?  Have you done other such work where
that trait can be observed?

Admittedly, the above's a bit blunt on my part -- possibly that
previously cited chromosomal problem at work.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."