discuss: TLDP DocBook pages need work - Start there!

Subject: Re: TLDP DocBook pages need work - Start there!
From: "s. keeling" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Dec 2003 23:06:31 -0000

Incoming from Stein Gjoen:
> jdd wrote:
>
> >it was pretty difficult then to set up the _backends_ (sgml2xx),but it
> >was manageable, and the result as well html as printed was very pretty.
>
> I use the installation with Debian and that works well.

Hmm.  I've just tried it (Debian Woody 3.0), and with
David Lawyer's example[1-3].sgml from:

   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Howtos-with-LinuxDoc-5.html, 5.2:

I get this:

   (0) keeling /home/keeling/dwn_ sgml2txt -f example1.sgml
   Processing file example1.sgml
   troff: fatal error: can't find macro file s

   (0) keeling /home/keeling/dwn_ apropos troff
   attroff (3ncurses)   - curses character and window attribute control routines
   dmp (1)              - translate Troff output to low-level MetaPost input
   eqn (1)              - format equations for troff
   geqn (1)             - format equations for troff
   gpic (1)             - compile pictures for troff or TeX
   gtbl (1)             - format tables for troff
   makempx (1)          - typeset labels in MetaPost pictures with TeX or Troff
   pic (1)              - compile pictures for troff or TeX
   slk_attroff (3ncurses) - curses soft label routines
   tbl (1)              - format tables for troff
   troff (1)            - format documents
   wattroff (3ncurses)  - curses character and window attribute control routines
   xditview (1x)        - display ditroff output
   attroff (3ncurses)   - curses character and window attribute control routines
   dmp (1)              - translate Troff output to low-level MetaPost input
   eqn (1)              - format equations for troff
   geqn (1)             - format equations for troff
   gpic (1)             - compile pictures for troff or TeX
   gtbl (1)             - format tables for troff
   makempx (1)          - typeset labels in MetaPost pictures with TeX or Troff
   pic (1)              - compile pictures for troff or TeX
   slk_attroff (3ncurses) - curses soft label routines
   tbl (1)              - format tables for troff
   troff (1)            - format documents
   wattroff (3ncurses)  - curses character and window attribute control routines

- -