discuss: Feedback on LDPWN

Subject: RE: Feedback on LDPWN
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
Date: 8 Dec 2003 11:37:47 -0000

Tabatha Marshall wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 12:50, rahul wrote:
>> I believe that the weekly news could also be offered via email. I
>> dont really check the sites for updates everytime and I dont see ldp
>
> Offering LWN as an email is an interesting idea - sort of like a

You mean LDPWN don't you? and not LWN ;-)

> digest.  I know right now it's committed via CVS, and I don't believe
> those generate an announcement through the Announce mailing list, do
> they?

Currently, these are the different ways of accessing the news.

 - http://www.tldp.org/ldpwn/latest.html [Latest, always]
 -
<http://www.karakas-online.de/myServices/rssify.php?url=http://tldp.org/ldpw
n/latest.html>
   [The News feed]
 - Subscribed to ####@####.#### [Doesn't work ... somehow :-(, the mails
   don't show up there, hopefully, we can fix this one].

> I couldn't find any Announce messages for the news, but if it were
> possible to do that, as long as people are subscribed to that list,
> they'd receive notification it was published, so there might be no
> need to email the LWN out.

Point taken. Greg used to do that for the [1. early versions of LDPWN].
Now he doesn't, maybe we can start doing that again. Or, even post the
text version to ####@####.#### Really, ####@####.#### is the right place,
but it doesn't work right now.

1. http://lists.tldp.org/index.cgi?3:mss:745:200304:bifgmahhcaalfhjaebgk

	Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag                http://www.pratapgarh.com/appaji

Not that long disease, my life, but that long convalescence, my life.
The liberal-bourgeois revision, the illusion of improvement, the poison
of hope - Herzog

an individual are not necessarily those of UbiNetics