discuss: ldp-author-tools RPM package (was: Re: docs)

Subject: Re: ldp-author-tools RPM package (was: Re: docs)
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Dec 2003 05:22:19 -0000

At 23:00 12/7/2003, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
>Sorry to top post, but....
>
>Whatever happened to this thread? Is there anything I should be including
>in the revised Author Guide?

Nothing happened to that thread exactly. I fully intend to follow through
on this, but my MBA applications are due by the end of December, and I have
to take the GMAT, and I hope to get the checkride for my pilot's license
next week, and it's almost Christmas, and the mall we just built in El
Salvador is in its first year and the staff is new, and we're starting a
new development in Honduras, and I live in Guatemala (so commuting to two
other countries the same week), and my wife just launched a new company,
and Anya (at 14 months) wants to spend time with "apá", and somewhere along
the line I ran out of time. <smile>

It's not at all a difficult project, darn it. I figure it to be less than a
five-hour effort or so to get the first version out, anyway. Release early
and release often. With several of us checking things and making revisions,
it should be extremely quick. I just have not found those five hours; and
you will note that I have carefully not mentioned my two HOWTO documents in
progress either as I pretty much have not been able to touch them.

Anyway, my apologies. But it will get done sooner or later, I swear it. And
if anyone has a little time with which to help on this trivial little task,
please contact me off-list. In particular, Emma, are you writing/revising
the Author's Guide? If so, can you forgive one small bout of laziness and
mail me a URL I can go read (instead of making me go search the archives)?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz