discuss: Another Firewall HOWTO?

Subject: Another Firewall HOWTO?
From: Andreas Thienemann ####@####.####
Date: 15 Apr 2001 09:21:43 -0000

Hi,

I'm currently implementing several different cirewall concepts on 2.4.x
kernels using iptables. Things like Bordergateways, DMZs, Shared
Firewalls/Bastion Hosts, added NAT and Masquerading and so on.

But because the existing FIREWALL-HOWTO is rather outdated and only
contains the basic steps and the IPTABLES-HOWTO only explains the command
syntax for iptables I though about writing a small HOWTO which does
explain the setup of a basic firewall doing nothing more than Network
Address Translation and some more complex variants with webservers and an
Translation and some more complex variants with webservers and an
internal network protected by several layers of firewalls.

But in order not to waste my time I'd like to know if someone is already
writing a similar HOWTO or if there is already one containing these
things which I missed.

Thanks,
andreas