discuss: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP

Subject: Re: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2003 20:18:40 -0000

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 08:55, jdd wrote:
> very bas idea. what if there is any criticism in the HOWTO?

> Clearly HOWTO's are users point of view, this can be very different from
>   creator point.
>
> ok for giving the programmer a chance to review the HOWTO (let alone for
> technical accuracy), but not at all for advertising.

You bring up a good point.  I'm on board with soliciting feedback from
such people, but not necessarily advertising or sponsoring.  I'm sure
there are mailing lists where authors could seek out the people they
want for feedback without having a formal, "we support this" statement
from developers or people with more vested interest in the
documentation.

A couple documents that occur to me are the Caudium HOWTO and the PHP
Nuke HOWTO, which received direct input from the developers, and are
probably very close to "official" documentation for those subjects.  The
docs don't need to really be "sponsored," just reviewed for technical
and factual accuracy from people who really know the stuff.

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com