discuss: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP

Subject: Re: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2003 20:11:14 -0000

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 06:44, Saqib Ali wrote:
> Hello Rahul,
>
> I like the idea. Here is what I am thinking:
>
> Let us say if we have a HOWTO explaining Apache on RedHat. We can ask the
> Apache Sever Foundation and RedHat Inc to review the HOWTO. It is good for
> them and good for us.
>
> Or similarly if there is a HOWTO on installing Covalent on Linux, we can ask the Covalent to review the HOWTO, and let
> them insert an advertisement to their products in return for the review.

This is an absolutely fantastic idea, and a great way to make sure that
the technical aspects of some of the documents are accurate.

If any author has a subject that is like this and can find such a
resource, it would be a great thing to do.  I've had several new HOWTOs
come in where not only did the discussion list offer a peer review, but
the authors had already taken such an initiative and had developers
provide feedback as well, before even offering the doc to LDP.

Now that's foresight!

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall