discuss: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP

Subject: Re: getting sponsorship and marketing LDP
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 7 Dec 2003 16:56:01 -0000

Saqib Ali wrote:
> Hello Rahul,
>
> I like the idea. Here is what I am thinking:
>
> Let us say if we have a HOWTO explaining Apache on RedHat. We can ask the
> Apache Sever Foundation and RedHat Inc to review the HOWTO. It is good for
> them and good for us.
>
> Or similarly if there is a HOWTO on installing Covalent on Linux, we can ask the Covalent to review the HOWTO, and let
> them insert an advertisement to their products in return for the review.

very bas idea. what if there is any criticism in the HOWTO?

Clearly HOWTO's are users point of view, this can be very different from
  creator point.

ok for giving the programmer a chance to review the HOWTO (let alone for
technical accuracy), but not at all for advertising.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net