discuss: Title suggestions needed

Subject: Re: Title suggestions needed
From: Mark Garboden ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2003 19:20:27 -0000

You could try "I want to run my own little Linux server at home-HOWTO". ;-)

I think "SoHo Server HOWTO" and "Basic SoHo Services HOWTO", even
better,  are the best choices.  I have been wanting just such a HOWTO
for the past few months.  I think these are the most accurate
descriptions and the most likely to be recognized by your target audience.

I would be happy to review it when you are ready.

I would also suggest a testing and/or troubleshooting section.  For
instance, I rebooted my DSL modem and my ISP gave me a different IP
address, making my server unreachable for almost 2 weeks until I
discovered the problem.

My biggest problem so far has been testing and troubleshooting my own
server.  I found sites like http://myipaddress.com and especially
http://www.zoneedit.com/smtp.html to be invaluable.  And tldp.org, of
course. :-)

Mark